Saturday 29 May 2010

Cupcake Swap

A few weeks ago I decided to take part in the Great Cupcake Swap on Twitter, I got given a swap partner and was told to buy 4 items for £5, unfortunately I didn't take any photos of what I sent so hopefully my swap partner did and I will post when she has done some photos. Anyway, I got given some cupcake cases in a pretty pink, some silver triangle toppers, some multicoloured stars and a star cutter which you can see below.


I wasn't sure what I was going to make so just decided to go for it, good job I decided to make 2 batches of cupcakes as my first batch ended up in the bin, the one thing I wont miss when we move is the old gas cooker that doesn't keep temperature, burns the stuff at the back and doesn't cook the stuff at the front! Luckily the second batch was ok, not great but ok.
So once cooled out came the icing and the glitter. I decided to make a classic white Christmas selection and a fun girly party selection, then the kids decided to decorate the remaining large icing stars with the left over coloured stars which looked really funky if you wanted to do as an alternative Christmas idea.

Let me know what you think of the cupcakes, just wish you could taste them too!

xxx

No comments: