Monday 2 January 2012

Its been a long time coming

Well, 2011 has been and gone and during that time I didn't blog at all. No I didn't get abducted by aliens or take a trip to the other side of the world but it has been a busy and eventful year.

Since I last blogged I took the big step to become a teacher and well it took up a lot of my time (to be honest it still is!). I went and learnt how to teach science and Physics to secondary school students, my how grown up some of them are! It took all of the last school year to complete and a lot of hours put in creating resources, writing lesson plans, learning the practicals, understanding how to get the students to learn and writing assignments but I came out of it with outstanding lessons and a job in a school not too far from where I live.


I started teaching "properly" in July and yes I'm still there loving the teaching (well all but my yr8 class but that's only 1 hour a week and they aren't bad it's just difficult!) I'm really loving teaching GCSE and A-level Physics, was told I would get Engineering (as I have an Engineering degree this was the golden nugget to convince me to work there) but that has yet to come about! There are some fantastic students which I absolutely enjoy teaching and look forward to seeing each week as you can see when the light comes on and they "get it!"


All I hope is that I can inspire and develop enthusiasm for Physics with my bonkers and sometimes over the top manner and OCD way!

This isn't the only thing that has happened this year but that will have to wait for another day....

S x

No comments: