Tuesday 11 August 2009

Craft Fairs or not?

Well, I have been quite busy recently designing and creating and in the past 2 weeks I have done a couple of fairs.

I'm in a bit of a dilemma as I quite enjoy doing them but not really sure they are worth doing as I don't seem to make a lot of money once I cover the cost of table etc. But if I don't do them how do I get my name out there? Can anyone give me some advice please.

Here is a picture of my stall at Brackley Carnival earlier this year. Each show I do I change my layout according to the space etc and what items I take.


My last fair was in a craft tent and I had some of my textile art so it looked very different. I had 1 table with all my gift items, I had a couple of easels with my art on and I put 16 t-shirts on part of my gazebo so they were hanging just above my table. It seemed to work but I still didn't sell as much as I thought I would with the amount of people walking around. I would like to make enough that my table costs are only 10% of my takings but it seems to be getting harder all the time.

So any thoughts on craft fairs, outlets, how to get my name out there would be greatly appreciated.

Will catch up with you all again soon, hopefully with some more thoughts and decisions on what I'm going to do.

xxx

No comments: