Whether you want to impress dinner guests or just finish off a lovely Sunday Lunch this is the perfect dessert.
STICKY TOFFEE PUDDING
6 greased ramakins
175g dates, stoned and chopped
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
50g unsalted butter
175g caster sugar
2 eggs, beaten
175g self raising flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
For the sauce
300ml double cream
50g demerara sugar
2 tsp black treacle
Preheat oven to 180C (Gas Mark 4)
1) Boil the dates in the water for about 5 mins until soft
2) Add the bicarbonate of soda and keep the dates in the water
3) Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
4) Add the eggs and beat well
5) Mix in the dates (with the water) and the flour and vanilla essence
6) Divide equally between the ramakins
7) Bake for 25-30 mins until just firm to the touch
When you are ready to serve up make the sauce as it only takes a few minutes
1) Place all ingredients in a saucepan over a low heat and stir until blended
2) Bring to boil
Dish up each pudding and ladle on the sauce.
Now I'm a bit of a fan of this recipe and love the sauce so much that whenever I have served this pudding I make double quantity and it always gets eaten!
Do you love stitching ?
3 years ago