Not so long ago I wrote my Shortbread Recipe and today I have been asked for the recipe for the topping I use for Millionaires shortbread, so here it is, I will add the photos later when I get a chance to make it, which I'm sure won't be long as it is a favourite in our house!
2 x Shortbread Mixture
115g Golden Caster Sugar
3 tbsp Golden Syrup
400g can condensed milk
350g plain chocolate (my family prefers milk chocolate so I use that instead)
I use my trusted ceramic roasting dish as its just the right size. You will need something thats approx 30cm by 20cm and approx 5cm deep.
Preheat oven to 180C (Gas Mark 4)
1) Grease and line the baking dish
2) Make the shortbread as in the recipe but this time press it into the baking dish and smooth the top.
3) Bake for approx 20-25 minutes or until golden
4) Meanwhile, to make the filling, place the butter, sugar, syrup and condensed milk in a saucepan and heat gently until the sugar has melted.
5) Bring to the boil and simmer for 6-8 minutes, stirring constantly until the mixture becomes very thick.
6) Pour over the shortbread base and leave to chill int he refridgerator until firm.
7) To make the topping, melt the chocolate and leave to cool, then spread over the caramel.
8) Chill in the refridgerator until set
9) Cut and serve!
I cut into quite small pieces as it is very moreish and we always go back for more!
If you enjoy these or any other recipe on here then please leave a comment as I would love to hear what you think, Thank you