2 large eggs
125g softened butter
275g caster sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
50g Self Raising Flour
25g Plain Flour
2 tbsps cocoa powder
100g chocolate chips or chopped nuts (I use a mix of chocolate chips due to the kids not liking nuts)
Preheat oven to 180C (Gas Mark 4) and grease and line a 20cm square cake tin that is at least 6.5cm deep
1) Melt the chocolate
2) Put the butter, sugar and vanilla extract into a large mixing bowl and beat them until fluffy.
3) Add the eggs a little at a time beating between each addition.
4) Sift both flours and cocoa powder into the bowl.
5) Add the melted chocolate and chocolate chips (or nuts) and stir all the ingredients together until they are well mixed
6) Spoon the mixture into the tin and smooth the top with the back of a spoon
7) Bake for approx 35 minutes. They are ready when risen slightly and a crust has formed on top but they will be soft in the middle.
8) Leave the brownies in the tin for 20 minutes, then cut into squares.
If you enjoy these or any other recipe on here then please leave a comment as I would love to hear what you think, Thank you