This week I thought I would give rolo tarts a try and unfortunately the rolos didn't melt as I thought they would, so instead I'm going to give you the recipe for:
WHITE CHOCOLATE AND MASCARPONE TARTS
For the Pastry
250g plain flour
3 tbsp caster sugar
1 lrg egg
For the Filling
200g white chocolate
450g mascarpone cheese
150ml double cream
Soft fruit like Strawberries or Raspberries
Preheat Oven to 200C (Gas Mark 6)
1) Place the flour, butter into a bowl and rub with your fingertips until it looks like breadcrumbs
2) Add the sugar and egg and mix until it comes together in a ball
3) Roll out the pastry and cut out with a cutter, line your tart tins with it and chill for 20 mins
4) Line the pastry cases with baking cases and fill with baking beans. I use a small cupcake case and fill with dry rice.
5) Bake blind for 10-12 mins, then remove the paper and cook for a further 5 mins, remove from oven and cool.
6) For the filling, place the white chocolate and 125g of mascarpone in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water and stir until melted.
7) Remove from the heat and add the remaining mascarpone and whisk briskly until smooth, then whisk in the double cream
8) Pour into the pastry cases and chill for 3 hours or until softly set
9) Arrange the berries and mint on the top when ready to serve.
Something very delicious on a Summer Day